Vision and values. This is what really drives us.
What kind of company is Cummins? Dependable. Cutting-edge. Global. A company where our workforce partners with our customers to deliver the power they need to reach their goals. We also partner with our neighbors next door and people on the other side of the globe to help them reach their goals as well.
You see, Working Right is just the way we do business. Our vision and values guide us in the way we work and in the way we treat others. They're the reason our people are excited and energized, and why our products are so exceptional. They define all of us.
Making people's lives better by unleashing the Power of Cummins
We unleash the Power of Cummins by:
- Motivating people to act like owners working together.
- Exceeding customer expectations by always being the first to market with the best products.
- Partnering with our customers to make sure they succeed.
- Demanding that everything we do leads to a cleaner, healthier, safer environment.
- Creating wealth for all stakeholders.
- Integrity: Strive to do what is right and do what we say we will do.
- Innovation: Apply the creative ingenuity necessary to make us better, faster, first.
- Deliver Superior Results: Exceed expectations, consistently.
- Corporate Responsibility: Serve and improve the communities in which we live.
- Diversity: Embrace the diverse perspectives of all people and honor them with both dignity and respect.
- Global Involvement: Seek a worldview and act without boundaries.
Vision & Values Stories
An Education that's Down to EARTH
EARTH University's vision is to produce ethical agricultural entrepreneurs who are committed to promoting economic, social and environmental well-being in their home communities. Located in Costa Rica, its mission is to prepare leaders with ethical values to contribute to the sustainable development of the humid tropics and to construct a prosperous and just society.
Cummins designated EARTH a "signature" Corporate Responsibility project in 2009, awarding it a $6 million challenge grant by the Cummins Foundation. In addition, several senior leaders serve on EARTH boards or provide volunteer support to EARTH initiatives.
Since it opened its doors in 1991, thanks to a grant from the Cummins India Foundation, the Cummins College of Engineering for Women (CCEW), based in Pune, India, has given more than 4,000 women the opportunity to pursue careers in the male-dominated world of engineering. With the opening of a new campus earlier this year in Nagpur, school officials are striving to provide the same opportunities for women hundreds of miles away, across the Indian subcontinent.
CCEW graduate Sayali Marathe began her career with a blue chip company in 2005 and then moved on to become a senior consultant. "CCEW," she says, "has contributed to my professionalism, communication and the 'never-say-die' attitude that makes us CCEW students stand apart!"
A Catalyst for Courage
The Courage Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota, empowers people with disabilities to realize their full potential in every aspect of life. The nonprofit organization was founded in1928 to provide tools, technologies and resources to improve the lives of children and adults with disabilities.
As an engineer at Cummins Power Generation in Fridley, Minn., Mark Weber works on quality and warranty issues. But when he's at the Courage Center, he's an engineering magician, transforming toys and appliances so that children and adults with disabilities can use them with a slight move of the hand or a blink of an eye.
Weber is among five current and retired Cummins engineers who volunteer their time and engineering skills at the Courage Center, which also receives financial support from the Cummins Foundation and Cummins Power Generation, along with volunteer support from the Community Involvement Team at Fridley.