Cummins and SWE began a partnership in 2006. Since then, we have enjoyed a mutually beneficial relationship, having partnered on many projects at varying levels. We look forward to more success - ultimately developing and empowering more talented engineers - just like you.
Recent Hiring Accomplishments - 2011
- Beginning with our activity in Chicago, we have met and interviewed many SWE members over the past year, here’s some stats that we are very proud of:
- 43 Interviews Conducted
- 9 full time offers accepted
- 16 intern offers accepted
Our Involvement with SWE
- Regional conference sponsorships
This year, we are participating in more presentations, workshops and panel discussions than ever before. This year we will present topics such as ‘Leadership Techniques for Multiplying…’ (TH 4pm) and ‘Rapid Resume Review’ (TH 10am). These will provide a tutorial on ‘Multipliers’ and the always necessary hands-on, resume update before the career fair.
Our panel discussions ‘ABC’s of Ex-Pat Assignments…’ (SA 10am), ‘Millennials…’ (FR 3:15pm), and ‘OnBoarding 365 Days…’ (TH 1:30pm) will generate ideas as well as discussion during these fast-paced sessions.
We love to see old friends and meet the brightest engineers at our booth. We've thrown parties, given advice, held workshops and interviewed hundreds of candidates. We look forward to making more friends at each gathering - and helping you learn more about Cummins - a great place to work right.
This year, we have also re-designed our career fair booth to use your wait time more efficiently. Instead of standing in the aisle to review your resume with our team, you can now ‘Experience Cummins’ during the same time you would have waited. During this time, you can meet our engineers, watch a short video with them and ask them any question about their job or the company. Then grab some eco-friendly gifts and review your resume with a recruiter. Our hope is this will help attendees understand more about Cummins – and why our employees are so engaged and why we stay.
Since 2010, we have contributed to the SWE scholarship program through our CPC sponsorship and have helped 6 students with those scholarships.
- Jennifer Rumsey (Executive Director - Heavy Duty Engineering) and Craig Barnes (Executive Director - Research & Engineering) are the Executive Sponsors.
- Our executive sponsors have been very active in past SWE conferences and events and take the lead to ensure that candidates are placed in our organization.