Powering your future with extraordinary career opportunities.
Cummins apprentices gain the extraordinary opportunity to work beside and learn from the most extraordinary Cummins Technicians in the field, but also gain an education at the same time. You’ll begin your apprenticeship by earning at least 50% of experienced pay while learning on-the-job, while earning an Associates Degree in Applied Science at the same time.
Beyond our on-the-job training, you’ll receive classroom, online, and hands-on training that will place you on the leading edge of technology. On a daily basis, you’ll work with experienced technicians on a wide variety of engine platforms and equipment. Our extraordinary technology needs extraordinary technicians – and that’s what you will become through our apprentice program.
Cummins offers a variety of apprenticeships which fall under one of these categories:
Service Technician Apprentices
You will learn and assist with service, maintenance, troubleshooting & diagnostics of our engines in support of our customers. This apprenticeship focuses on development of your analytical, personal and technical skills. Each year of the program, you will receive 300 hours of combined on-line and classroom (at your designated, regional college) training.
Engineering Technician Apprentices
You will learn and assist with product testing, component prototyping, and supporting engineering and scientific development of new engine platforms and technology. This apprenticeship focuses on development of your engineering, personal and technical skills.
Details About Our Service Technician Apprentice Program
- Criteria: High School diploma with 2.6 minimum GPA to meet college entry requirements.
- GED with one year of college: 2.8 GPA min. or a Qualifying Military Veteran
- 50% of top pay rate from beginning with a progressive pay scale – 85% min. after 4 years
- $10,000 Service Tools Package
- After 2 years, choose between Engine, Power Generation, Marine, High Horsepower, or a Service Leadership career path.
- Upon completion, you receive State and Federal Trade Certificates & an Associates of Applied Science degree
- Upon completion, you receive Cummins-specific Qualifications: BETT/Insite, Light, Medium, and Heavy-duty
Beyond a stable job in our state-of-the-art facilities and backed by a dependable team, you will continue learning new technology and your career path includes a number of options such as: Field Service Technician, On-site Technician, Service Writer, Diagnostic Expert, Shop Manager, Service Manager, Service Leadership, Customer Sales and Support, and/or Trainer.
Think you’ve got what it takes to make an impact? Click on the video below and listen to what our apprentices are saying about their career development at Cummins:
Details About Our Engineering Technician Apprentice Program
- Criteria: Must pass Mechanical Aptitude testing and be ‘Math 137 Ready’
- 8,000 paid hours of on-the-job training (OJT)
- 8 semesters of college-level courses
- Multiple training rotations within our Technical Center
- Upon completion you receive: U.S. Department of Labor card in one of the technical trades below
- Upon completion, you will also continue learning new technology and begin to explore your career paths within Cummins
Beyond a stable job in one of our Technical Centers, your career path includes advancement opportunities such as:
- Electrical Technician
- Electronics Engineering Technician
- Experimental Machining Technician
- Facilities Engineering Drafting Technician
- Facilities Maintenance Technician
- Instrumentation Technician
- Materials Engineering Technician
- Mechanical Engineering Technician
- Mechanical Engineering Drafting Technician
- Software Engineering Technician