You'll review and potentially optimize suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability and other relevant factors. You'll approve purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, review requisitions for goods and services, and oversee just-in-time delivery of inventory to the plants. You'll also evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
To learn more about our Cummins Supply Chain roles see the position profiles below and read our innovative employee day-in-the-life supply chain stories!
You’ll apply your planning and logistics skills in materials, production, customer service, demand management, logistics, warehousing, transportation and trade compliance.
- Use simulation tools and analytics to support the strategic design of supply chains and to test existing supply chains for improvement opportunities and optimization
- Participate in the development of business processes and information systems to track the flow of materials through our supply chains
- Assist in the creation of transportation and warehousing networks to maximize efficiencies and improve customer service
You’ll have the opportunity to continuously improve Cummins processes using quality tools and skills. You’ll work with other functions to find, qualify, and improve suppliers. You’ll work with manufacturing to implement and improve manufacturing processes.
- Manage suppliers by measuring supplier performance, supplier development, supplier qualification (PPAP), supplier corrective action and improvement processes
- Work with other functions on new product introduction activities both with suppliers and internally (e.g. New Plant Startup, New Product Introduction, New Supplier Transition)
- Conduct audits / assessments and lead change management activities
The organizational structure of Cummins includes Environmental and Health & Safety groups within the Manufacturing organization.
HEALTH & SAFETY
You’ll focus on creating a safe & healthy workplace and raising awareness of situations or behaviors that might lead to injury or illness.
- Work collaboratively with leadership, operations, engineering and other functions to create safe & healthy workplaces (shop, office, lab, service and field environments) for employees, contractors and other stakeholders
- Apply knowledge of health & safety principles and practices to lead risk reduction activities and initiatives