Powering your future with extraordinary career opportunities.
At Cummins, we are committed to innovating for our customers to power their success.
We are a global power leader in designing, manufacturing, distributing, and servicing of our diesel & natural gas engines and related technologies. Recognised by DiversityInc. magazine for twelve consecutive years as a Top 50 Company for Diversity, we employ 58,600 people worldwide with a footprint in over 190 countries & territories.
Cummins South Pacific Apprenticeship Program
Cummins apprentices gain the extraordinary opportunity to work beside and learn from some of the most talented technicians in the field while gaining an education at the same time. Beyond our on-the-job training, you’ll receive classroom and online training that will place you at the leading edge of technology. Throughout the program, you will work towards a nationally recognised qualification. Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to join a world-class organisation, as a fully qualified Mechanical Technician, Electrical Technician, or Parts Interpreter.
On a daily basis, you will work with experienced technicians on a wide variety of engine platforms and equipment. Our extraordinary technology needs extraordinary technicians – and our apprenticeship program will provide you with the best possible start on your journey.
What’s in it for you?
Beyond a stable job in our state-of-the-art facilities backed by a dependable team, you will continue training on the latest technology. At Cummins, innovation is ingrained in our culture and has been throughout our 100-year history.
Additionally, you can expect:
- A competitive rate, overtime, annual bonus stability and career development.
- A diverse and inclusive working environment with high working standards
- Ability to purchase additional annual leave policy
- All training expenses, inclusive of TAFE/MITO (NZ) are covered by Cummins
- Free uniform laundry service
- Toolkit and tool allowance
What you will need:
- A positive attitude and an eagerness to learn
- Completed or currently enrolled in Year 12
- Completion/near completion of a pre-apprenticeship or relevant vocational training
- Good level of language, literacy, and numeracy skills
- Part-time or full-time work experience in any field of work (preferred, but not required)
- Necessary legal documents to work in Australia
Additionally, we look for individuals that align with our Mission, Vision, & Values. Cummins is committed to promoting diversity & inclusion within our workforce and encourages applications from people of all genders, ages, those with a disability, people with diverse cultural, linguistic, and indigenous backgrounds.
Your opportunity for success starts here! We encourage interested candidates to contact their nearest Cummins branch to inquire about participating in Work Experience, which will provide you with ‘real-life’ insight into our organisation.
Apprenticeship vacancies can be found here.
To apply, you will need to submit a copy of your current resume and a cover letter outlining your motivation for wanting to pursue an application for an apprenticeship with Cummins South Pacific. Following your application, you may be invited to complete a series of online testing to support your application. The final stage of our recruitment process involves an in-branch interview and may also include an assessment centre.